Timothy Wheaton is a combat sports writer who covers MMA, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai. Tim is the authority on kickboxing and combat sports journalist who has covered K-1, PRIDE FC, UFC, GLORY Kickboxing, Bellator, ONE Championship, and plenty more.
What are the top 10 best Muay Thai gyms on the planet? From across the globe, we have assembled the best Muay Thai gyms where fighters can train at. This list is based on notable fighters, world champions, and impressive coaching staff.
From the United States of America, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and, of course, Thailand, these are the best Muay Thai gyms in the world.
- The Top 10 Best Muay Thai Gyms on Earth
- 10. Boxing Works
- 9. Bad Company
- 8. Mike’s Gym
- 7. Phuket Top Team
- 6. Banchamek Gym
- 5. Kiatmoo9 Gym
- 4. Fairtex Training Center
- 3. Tiger Muay Thai
- 2. Petchyindee Muay Thai Academy
- 1. Saenchai Muay Thai Gym
- Related posts:
The Top 10 Best Muay Thai Gyms on Earth
10. Boxing Works
Main Coach: Bryan Popejoy
You can’t argue with results, and with a small gym in California, lead coach Bryan Popejoy has put together some tremendous success and is now one of the best Muay Thai gyms. Popejoy is a former trainer at the Fairtex gym in Thailand and has brought decades of experience stateside.
- Jackie Buntan: This Filipina-American athlete is well known for her technical expertise in the ONE circle. She is ranked top three at women’s strawweight in Muay Thai
- Janet Todd: With over ten years of fighting experience, Janet Todd has reached the top of her game with the help of Boxing Works. She is the reigning ONE Women’s Atomweight Kickboxing World Championship as well as holding the interim ONE Women’s Atomweight Muay Thai World Championship.
To find out more about Boxing Works gym visit: https://www.boxingworksofficial.com/
9. Bad Company
Location: The United Kingdom
Main Coach: Richard Smith
Head coach Richard Smith has brought his impressive resume to teach fighters at the Bad Company gym. Alongside other trainers such as Lisa Houghton-Smith and Liam Harrison combined these three have earned dozens of world championships titles across the globe making them one of the best Muay Thai gyms, and among the finest in the UK.
- Liam Harrison: With over 100 victories in his storied Muay Thai career, Harrison is the most accomplished Muay Thai striker in UK history. Under bad Company training, he has collected world titles in organizations such as WBC Muay Thai, World Muay Thai Council, WAKO, and several others.
- Andy Howson: Howson has put together an impressive record of 81-14 since making his debut in 2003. He has also earned world titles in World Muay Thai Council, ISKA, and WBC Muay Thai.
To find out more about Bad Company gym visit: https://www.badcompany.co.uk/
8. Mike’s Gym
Location: The Netherlands
Main Coach: Mike Passenier
Mike Passenier has put together a gym which is a powerhouse of kickboxing. While not directly Muay Thai, it is kick-adjacent in terms of what sport it teaches. It almost seemed like a cheat code looking at how many notable fighters train at this gym. While not one of the best Muay Thai gyms on earth, it is the best in kickboxing.
- Bad Hari: A Moroccan-Dutch athlete who fights like a furious whirlwind. An all-time great kickboxer who was a multi-time finalist in K-1 Kickboxing World Grand Prix.
- Murthel Groenhart: Former GLORY Kickboxing Welterweight world champion with a 69-24 record.
- Gökhan Saki: ‘The Turkish Tyson’ was a multi-time competition in K-1 Kickboxing Grand Prix tournaments plus is a GLORY Light Heavyweight World Title Champion. Plus, was a European Muay Thai champion.
- Alistair Overeem: One of the most accomplished fighters in the history of combat sports. He has held a litany of world titles across both kickboxing and kickboxing including a K-1 World Grand Prix, DREAM, and Strikeforce, plus he fought in both PRIDE FC and the UFC.
- Antonio Plazibat: This Croatian knockout machine is currently the top contender in GLORY’s heavyweight division plus was the K-1 Heavyweight World Grand Prix Champion in 2017.
To find out more about Mike’s gym visit: https://mikesgym.com/
7. Phuket Top Team
Main Coach: Lerdsila Chumpairtour
Lerdsila Chumpairtour is a multi-time stadium world champion in Muay Thai. He is an expert of the Muay Femur style and teaches it to international classes. Phuket Top Top is one of the best Muay Thai gyms and is an MMA gym.
- Michael Bisping: Former UFC Middleweight World Champion, one of the most important fighters in UK MMA history has benefited from his time at one of the best Muay Thai gyms.
- Anthony Pettis: Former UFC and WEC Lightweight World Champion, known for his heavy kicking style.
- Nonsai Sor Sanyakorn: Multiple-time Muay Thai world champion with titles in WMC and WAKO.
To find out more about Phuket Top Team visit: https://phukettopteam.com/
6. Banchamek Gym
Main Coach: Buakaw Banchamek
After having a career cementing himself as an all-time great, Buakaw Banchamek was ripped off by his manager and trainer leaving him with no money. After that, he founded a gym to ensure that no others would be used in the same manner he was exploited. Today, it is known as one of the best Muay Thai gyms.
- Superbon Singha Mawynn: Known for his kicking ability, Superbon is the former ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Champion with an incredible 113-35 record. Plus, Superbon held more Muay Thai titles in regional promotions before switching to international Kickboxing. This Nak Muay and kickboxer has benefited from training at one of the best Muay Thai gyms on the planet today.
- Petchtanong Petchfergus: With an impressive record of 358-56, he has certainly left his mark across Muay Thai and Kickboxing. Petchtanong is the current ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Champion and is a former World Muay Thai Council Champion.
To find out more about Banchamek Gym visit: https://banchamekgym.com/
5. Kiatmoo9 Gym
Main Coach: Jedtja Kiatmoo9
Kiatmoo9 is best known for two things, tactical intelligent fighters and a name which confounds westerners. It is easily one of the best Muay Thai gyms on earth today with champions in kickboxing and Muay Thai.
- Superlek Kiatmoo9: Superlek is a Muay Thai phenom well known for his kicking power. At just the age of 27, he holds a record of 131-29. Additionally, he currently holds the ONE Flyweight Kickboxing World Championship and was a two-time Lumpinee Stadium World Champion in Muay Thai. He is soon opening his own gym in Vancouver, Canada which maybe one day will become one of the best Muay Thai gyms on the planet.
- Rungnarai Kiatmuu9: This dangerous Muat Thai striker has earned titles in both Rajadamnern Stadium and Lumpinee Stadium.
- Petpanomrung Kiatmuu9: ‘The Professor’ has shared his skills all over the globe. This Thai-born athlete currently holds world titles in both GLORY Kickboxing in Europe and RISE Kickboxing in Japan.
4. Fairtex Training Center
Main Coach: Coach Andreas
The Fairtex Training Center in Thailand may have the most impressive list of fighters of any gym. Additionally, it offers Muay Thai and MMA training.
- Stamp Fairtex: Top ranked in MMA, she is a former world champion in both Muay Thai and Kickboxing.
- Ferrari Fairtex: Ferrari is a prodigy striker who just earned the Sports Writers Association of Thailand Fighter of the Year in 2021.
- Yodsanklai Fairtex: At the age of 37, Yodsanklai Fairtex has had a storied career. With a record of 202-74, he has collected world titles across Muay Thai and kickboxing in organizations such as Lion Fights, World Muay Thai Council, WBC Muay Thai, and two in Lumpinee Stadium.
- Smilla Sundell: Earned the ONE Women’s Strawweight Muay Thai World Championship at just the age of 17.
To find out more about Fairtex Training Center visit: https://www.fairtex.com/
3. Tiger Muay Thai
Main Coach: Kru Phet
Tiger Muay Thai is known for its worldwide acclaim. Mainly it has become a gym for MMA fighters to hone their skills into a dangerous art. Even though it is mostly MMA fighters, it is still one of the best Muay Thai gyms.
- Israel Adesanya: Former Kickboxing and UFC World Champion
- Valentina Shevchenko: Current UFC World Champion, amateur world champion in both Kickboxing and Muay Thai.
- Petr Yan: A dangerous Russian bantamweight who has wins over Jose Aldo and Uriah Faber. A former UFC World Champion.
To find out more about Tiger Muay Thai visit: https://www.tigermuaythai.com/
2. Petchyindee Muay Thai Academy
Main Coach: Sagat Petchyindee
Owned by Sia Boat, this gym has become a force in Muay Thai. Controlling multiple titles across multiple divisions it boasts some of the finest fighters in the world. It is one of the best Muay Thai gyms on earth.
- Capitan Petchyindee Academy: With 145 career victories, this fighter has put together an impressive list of titles. Capitan has earned The Lumpinee Stadium Welterweight Title and the ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Championship.
- Petchmorakot Petchyindee Academy: Petchmorakot has achieved near legendary status with over 160 professional wins in Muay Thai. In that time, he has earned two division titles in Lumpinee Stadium and the ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Championship.
- Rittewada Petchyindee Academy: At just the age of 26 he has earned the Lumpinee Stadium 140 lbs Championship and has earned multiple fighter of the year awards from his time training at Petchyindee Muay Thai Academy.
To find out more about Petchyindee Muay Thai Academy visit: https://petchyindee.com/
1. Saenchai Muay Thai Gym
Main Coach: Saenchai
Having one of the all-time Muay Thai greats as an instructor has its benefits. Saenchai and the other coaching staff have trained some extremely dangerous Nak Muays who are well known for their skill in the ring. With its list of notable fighters and world titles, it is the best Muay Thai gym in the world.
- Prajanchai P.K.Saenchaimuaythaigym: Prajanchai is one of the most accomplished Muay Thai strikers in history having held two titles in Lumpinee Stadium and another two in Rajadamnern Stadium, in addition to his ONE Strawweight Muay Thai World Title.
- Tawanchai P.K. Saenchaimuaythaigym: Tawanchai is a prodigy. He has earned world acclaim at just the age of 23. Having won most of his fights via knockout he had earned the ONE Featherweight Muay Thai World Championship by defeating Petchmorakot. He was also the Lumpinee Stadium fighter of the year in 2018.
- Pongsiri P.K.Saenchaimuaythaigym: This Muay Thai striker has put together an impressive record of 157-37-11 with nearly 20 years of professional experience. In that time, he has earned multiple titles in Lumpinee Stadium, plus other notable thrones.
To find out more about Saenchai Muay Thai Gym visit: https://www.saenchaimuaythai.com/